Here at Pearland Eye Care, we believe your eyesight is everything. Impaired eyesight can have a seriously detrimental effect on your quality of life. At Pearland Eye Care, our team of eye care professionals is proud to offer comprehensive eye disease diagnosis, treatment, and preventative care. Our optometrist has years of experience offering eye care services to Houston, TX, and the surrounding areas. Here are the most common conditions treated by our eye doctor.
- Dry eye – Chronic dry eye is caused by a decrease in tear production or tear quality, which are essential to proper eye function. Symptoms include burning, increased light sensitivity, blurry vision, redness, and grittiness in the eyes. Dry eye is most commonly treated with prescription eye drops. Certain contact lenses are also effective in treating dry eye.
- Glaucoma – Glaucoma is associated with an increase in inner eye pressure. This pressure causes damage to the optic nerve. Glaucoma can be treated through medication, eye drops, corrective lenses, and other low vision strategies.
- Macular degeneration – This condition is caused by the breakdown of the macula, which is located in the center of your retina. Symptoms include blurry vision and impaired night vision. Treatment varies based on the underlying cause of your condition. Following diagnosis, our optometrist will carry out the correct course of treatment.
- Diabetic eye disease – People with diabetes are at risk of developing diabetic retinopathy, which causes floaters, impairs color perception, and can progress to blindness. Treatment requires careful management of underlying diabetes.
- Astigmatism – This condition is caused by abnormal eye shape. The curvature associated with astigmatism affects light entering the eye, blurring vision, and making focusing difficult. This refractive error can be addressed through special corrective eyeglasses and contacts.
- Cataracts – A cataract is a cloudy area in the lens of your eye. As you age, your chances of developing cataracts increase. Our Houston team can support you before and after cataract-removal surgery, which we can refer you to an ophthalmologist to perform.
- Computer vision syndrome – Many of us have no choice when it comes to looking at a screen for many hours a day. The eye strain, headaches, dry eye, and difficulty focusing caused by this have come to be known as computer vision syndrome. Treatment includes corrective eyewear and lifestyle adjustment.
Contact Our Eye Doctor
Though this list is an overview of eye conditions we commonly treat, it is not comprehensive by any means. To learn more about eye care at Pearland Eye Care, or to schedule an appointment, call us at (713) 991-4100 or visit us online.